Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 6 October 2022
1. Agreement to Terms
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”), and Film Music Notes Inc. (“we,” “us” or “our”) concerning your access to and use of the filmmusicnotes.com website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “Site”).
You agree that by accessing the Site, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with all of these Terms and Conditions, then you are expressly prohibited from using the Site and you must discontinue use immediately.
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Site from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason.
We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms and Conditions, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to, and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms and Conditions by your continued use of the Site after the date such revised Terms and Conditions are posted.
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
All users who are minors in the jurisdiction in which they reside (generally under the age of 18) must have the permission of, and be directly supervised by, their parent or guardian to use the Site. If you are a minor, you must have your parent or guardian read and agree to these Terms and Conditions prior to you using the Site.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise indicated, the Site is our proprietary property and all video, audio, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and the logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of Canada, foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions.
The Content and the Marks are provided on the Site “AS IS” for your information and personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, no part of the Site and no Content or Marks may be reproduced in any way without our express prior written permission.
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to view the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
3. Modifications and Interruptions
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice at any time.
We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
We cannot guarantee the Site will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors.
We reserve the right to change, revise, update, suspend, discontinue, or otherwise modify the Site at any time or for any reason without notice to you. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site during any downtime or discontinuance of the Site.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will be construed to obligate us to maintain and support the Site or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith.
4. Account Terms
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
- You are not under the age of 13; or, if you are under the age of 13, you are under the supervision of a parent or guardian when using the Site;
- You will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise;
- You will not share your login information with anyone as multiple users with a single login is not permitted;
- All registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete;
- You will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary;
- You will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- Your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
5. User-Generated Contributions
The Site may provide you with the opportunity to comment on blog posts and contribute to online forums and other functionality by submitting content on the Site, including but not limited to text, images, video, audio, or other material (collectively, “Contributions”).
Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, your Contributions may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you submit Contributions, you warrant that they:
- Do not infringe the proprietary rights (copyright, etc.) of any third party.
- Are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Do not advocate violence or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- Do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- Do not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- Do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual preference, physical handicap, etc.
- Do not otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or any applicable law or regulation.
Any use of the Site in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and Conditions and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Site.
Full refunds are granted for 14 days after the initial purchase date, provided that no more than 10% of the pages from the course to be refunded has been completed. No refunds will be granted after 14 days from the initial purchase date of each lesson bundle or within the first 14 days if more than 10% of pages from the course to be refunded has been completed. Please note that if you have previously received a refund for a course and purchase the course again at a later time, the new purchase will not qualify for the 14-day refund period.
These Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE (INCLUDING BLOCKING CERTAIN IP ADDRESSES), TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION. WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR USE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SITE OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AND ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION THAT YOU POSTED AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT WARNING, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION.
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party.
In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
8. Contact Us
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us through the Contact page of this site.